DELTASION.com – Using this feature, you can share screen on Google Meet for other users to see. Interestingly, screen sharing can be done via cellphone or laptop.
Using Google Meet at work is certainly familiar. Moreover, many people are starting to pursue remote work because it is more flexible. To ensure smooth communication at work, using Google Meet for online meetings is very important.
Google Meet itself offers various features that support online meetings, one of which is the share screen feature. So, do you know how to share your screen on Google Meet?
Can you imagine? This feature is very practical, its use even makes work or educational activities easier, such as college or school.
Here’s how to share your screen on Google Meet. Come on, check out the steps!
Get to know the features in the share screen first
How to share the screen will not be implemented successfully, if you do not understand its features in it. So, it’s best to know every feature option in the share screen, OK?
If you have selected the share screen feature, you will be faced with several choices. Each option has a different function. The user’s task is to choose the features according to their needs.
The following features are provided by share screen:
- Your Entire Screen Entire Screen to share your entire laptop screen
- Chrome Tab to open one tab from the browser. Other users will not see other tabs opened in the browser
- Application Window for presenting PowerPoint which will be displayed to the user. Use this option if you want to share a specific application screen during a presentation
After understanding these choices, it’s time to learn about the various ways to share screens on Google Meet.
How to share screen on Google Meet via laptop
In order to enter Google Meet, you must have access first. You do this by pressing the Google Meet address link that was created. After that, you will be directed to the meet.google.com page.
Then, follow how to share screen on Google Meet with these steps:
- Select ‘Join’ in Google Meet. Don’t forget to set the ‘Call’ and ‘Video’ buttons to adjust how you look on the screen
- If you have joined, press the ‘Present Now’ icon at the bottom
- Then, a choice of features appears on the share screen, such as Your Entire Screen, Chrome Tab, or Application Window. Just choose one
- Then, click and wait until the screen finally displays your screen to other users
- When the presentation is finished, press ‘Stop Presenting’
- The presentation screen will stop and the laptop screen will return to normal.
With the share screen feature, you can display PowerPoint, normal documents in Google Docs, or spreadsheets. In fact, you can also display videos.
How to share the screen on Google Meet via Android
Not only via a laptop, how to share the screen on Google Meet can also be done via a cellphone, you know. In fact, you can use an Android phone or iPhone.
Here’s how to share the screen on Google Meet via Android phone:
- Open the Google Meet app on the Android phone
- Set the ‘Call’ and ‘Video’ buttons to choose how you look on the screen. You can disable the camera and speaker
- Select the triple dot
- Click ‘Present Screen’
- Select one of the features on the share screen
- Click ‘Start Now’
- Now, you can share your screen display with other users for presentations.
How to share screen on Google Meet via iPhone
Well, what about iPhone users? Don’t worry, OK? Here’s how to share the screen on Google Meet via iPhone which is easy and fast.
Actually, this method is not much different from how to share the screen on Google Meet via an Android cellphone. However, there are different feature names with the same function.
- Open the Google Meet app
- Click to join with or without video and speakers. You can turn it on and off as needed
- Click the dot three
- Select ‘Present Screen’ and click ‘Start Broadcast’
- So, you can start your presentation via iPhone.
This method can be an alternative if you are not using a laptop. So, online presentations or meetings can be carried out smoothly. You can still share presentations even if you only have a cell phone.
Easy and practical right?
That’s how to share the screen on Google Meet via laptops and cellphones. Pay attention to every way so that work or other activities that require Google Meet run without a hitch.