DELTASION.com – Everyone will agree that giving a name to a baby cannot
be done carelessly. Because, names contain prayers, hopes, and aspirations
given by parents to their children, so it is important to choose a baby name
that has a beautiful meaning.
If you are very interested in films, culture, and things related to Europe,
then this can also be used as inspiration for your child’s name. Below is a
list of inspirational names for baby girls and boys with a European feel.
1. Inspiration for baby boy names from Greek mythology
Eros: God of love, his name comes from the Greek word eran, which means ‘to
- Leander: Means ‘lion man’.
Oden/Odin: Scandinavian god of wisdom and magic. His name means
Osiris: Meaning ‘mighty eye’. He is also the god of fertility and
- Phoenix: Describes an extraordinary figure.
- Thor: Old Norse god of thunder, thunder, and storms.
Artio: A revered figure representing fruit, abundance, and providence.
- Kana: Has the meaning of ‘strong’.
- Apollo: Name of the Roman god of the sun, light, music, and poetry.
2. Inspiration for baby girl names from Greek mythology
- Artemis: Goddess of the moon, hunt, and protector of the wilderness.
- Athena: Goddess of wisdom.
- Freya: Norse goddess of fertility.
- Persephone: Goddess of the bounty of spring.
Larissa: Fourth-century ancient Greek saint. She is also known as an angel
- Arun: It means ‘sun’.
- Aphrodite: Goddess of love and beauty.
- Demeter: Goddess of agriculture.
Nemesis: Has the meaning of giving what it should. He is a figure who
punishes those who oppose the gods and is made a symbol of a just avenger.
- Hera: Means ‘protection’. She is the queen of the gods.
3. Baby boy names that mean strong and protective
- Jacob: Means ‘replacement’ and ‘god protects’.
Sebastian: has the meaning of ‘honorable’, evoking images of strength and
- Victor: Symbolizes victory.
- Xander: Defender of people.
- Xavier: The brightness that children bring to life.
- Vincent: Conquering, embodying strength and determination.
- Reese: A name of high rank in Scotland, meaning ‘spirit’.
- Raymond: Wise protector.
- Oliver: Means ‘merciful’.
- Maximilian: Meaning ‘greatest’ reflects ambition and excellence.
4. Baby girl names inspired by beauty and purity
- Aurora: Roman goddess of the dawn.
- Daisy: In Old English, it was called ‘day’s eye’.
- Angelique: Of French origin which means ‘from the angels’.
- Blanca: Of Spanish origin, meaning ‘white’.
- Crystal: A brilliant earth or glass mineral.
- Eve: Breathe or live.
- Dulce: Of Spanish origin, it means ‘sweet’.
- Fawn: Meaning ‘offspring’.
- Ivory: White like an elephant’s tusk.
- Jewel: A gemstone.
5. Inspiration for European baby names that are suitable for baby girls and
- Gloria: Glory to God.
- Denver: Green Valley.
- Wren: Small bird.
- Nicole: Victory.
- Marley: From the boundary plane.
- Kieran: Of Irish origin, meaning ‘black-haired’.
- George: Means perseverance and hard work.
- Etienne: Means ‘crown’.
Barnaby: Combines the Saxon elements ‘beorn’ meaning ‘young warrior’, and
‘by’ meaning settlement.
- Zoe: Of Greek origin meaning ‘life’.
That’s a variety of inspirations for baby names for girls and boys with
European nuances. Apart from looking beautiful, these names also have
meaningful meanings. Hopefully, it can inspire!